Friday, November 13, 2009

Example Interview

1. Tell me about yourself
2. Why are you interested in Microsoft/Google/Amazon? (Variation: Why do you want to work for Google?)
3. Describe a technology (that you haven’t worked on) that you feel makes a big impact? How would you improve it?
4. I would like to market XYZ. How do I know if there is a market for it? If so, how would you market it?
5. Is there an area of Google/Amazon/Microsoft that you would like to work in? Why?
6. How would you differentiate yourself from the other interview candidates? What do you bring to Google? (Variation: Why should we hire you?)
7. Tell me about a situation where something didn’t go according to plan? How did you fix it?
8. What is your favorite website/business and why?
9. How would you improve Google Search?
10. Pick an industry you understand very well. What are the biggest challenges facing it? Why? What would you do differently if you were competing to win in the long-term?
11. What are the top challenges for Google/ software security from your perspective? And why? How would you address those challenges?
12. What do you want to do in the long term?
13. Assuming you’re hired now and it’s your day one. What would you do for this job?
14. Tell me your proudest achievement so far – either professional one or personal one or both. Why are you proud of that?
15. Tell me about the biggest miscalculation or mistake in your career.
16. Tell me *three* areas that you need to work on.
17. How would your friends or colleagues describe you?
18. Give me an example that you solved the problem in a creative way (similar question for teamwork and leadership).
19. What do you do in your spare time?
20. Tell me something that you’re passionate about.
21. What questions to you have for me?
22. Name a good (or bad) product that you think is marketed well. Why?
23. Name a good product/technology that you think is marketed poorly. Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment